Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oops! I ate a hot dog at the movie theatre and I'm 16 weeks pregnant?

and I remebered afterwards that was on the list of "what foods to avoid during pregnancy" that I found on a pregnancy website. it was from a popular movie theatre, and just now when I hiccuped a whole chcunk of it came out of my mouth, gross I know, it looked whole and I ate it over 2 hours ago like it didnt digest or somewthing, ew! is this okay to do once in awhile during pregnancy or is it one of those "never" foods and why? I have eaten one hotdog before during pregnancy but that was before I knew.



Oops! I ate a hot dog at the movie theatre and I'm 16 weeks pregnant?chicago theater



Very slim chance of anything happening, please don't worry.



Here's some info on it from the American Pregnancy Association:



http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnan...



Oops! I ate a hot dog at the movie theatre and I'm 16 weeks pregnant?met opera opera theater



Just one won't hurt anything.
Don't worry about it. If it was cooked it's no big deal, if it's not cooked then you can get listeria.



It might have come up because of acid reflux, which tends ot happen more during pregnancy...
i've at plenty of hot dogs since i've been pregnant. all those "what to avoid" foods are really "don't have everyday" foods. don't worry about it your fine. honestly i could go for a hot dog right about now.
I'm 40 weeks and 5 days, I eat cheesedogs and hot dogs alot, I did earlier when I was pregnant too. Your aloud to eat them, as long as they are cooked, just cant eat them out of the package. Goes for all lunch meats and such. They have to be cooked, cant have anything raw!
I had a friend who only ate hot dogs during her pregnancy, but I cant confirm that its good or bad, only that both of her kids came out okay. If you are worried, call your doctor.
Why not carry some fruits with you ? BTW, what movie did you watch? It will influence more than what you consume in the cinema.
Don't worry! There is a very low chance of anything happening with hot dogs anyhow and the risk is higher in early pregnancy to the fetus. I'm sure you will be ok just don't eat too much of it.
I don't understand some of the things coming about these days... My mom LIVED on hotdogs and deli meat when pregnant with us kids... She also smoke, drank lots of coffee, and probably took aspirin...I'm not condoning these things...It just seems as though that "What not to do's" Have gotten a lot more ridiculous in the last 25yrs.



Note: I'm sure there is some medical proof that bad things can happen...But hey...Don't stress over a hotdog!
dont worry about!
You'll be fine and so will the baby.
I think all that stuff is crap, in between me having three children it changed all the time, you weren't allowed to eat this or that - but jeez, our mums and grandmothers all ate processed meat during pregnancy and most of us were fine hey!!! I know I ate peanuts, ham, salami and all that and nothing happened to my kids (that i know of.....thay are 9, 6 and almost 3)
yeah i think that who episode was just a coincidence, as long as you dont make it a habit your baby will be fine, no worries
I believe it is a food that you should avoid as it is 'processed' meat and has a higher risk of having bacteria that may cause pregnant women problems. Just try to avoid it from now on, but don't stress out about this time!! :)
I ate hotdogs all of the time with my first pregnancy and same with this one. The key is to cook it really well. But you should be doing that with any meat that you have during pregnancy. I'm sure your baby will be just fine!
I am 28 and very healthy and my mom ate a hotdog a day for the last 2 months of her pregnancy :)
It's not one of those things that will harm you right away. If you keep eating them it could be a problem but I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't think spitting it back up had anything to do with it being bad for you. Just a bit of a digestive problem with the pregnancy.
One hotdog once in a while is fine...ask your doctor about it the next time you see him...



However watch your sodium intake and don't go overboard. I had a friend who ate hotdogs every day while pregnant and stated she could not stop eating them...she died of toxemia at the end of her pregnancy. I don't think that will happen to everyone who eats hotdogs, but after that I never ate a hotdog when I was pregnant. While I think my friend would have been fine if she cut back, it was because she ate too many of them.
lolz! you worry bout a hot dog i would eat chips, dipped in chocolate, with ice cream when i was pregnant! nothing wrong with eating things like that! just make sure you chew it right!
Don't worry about it. You're baby won't be harmed by one hot dog. Do watch what you eat. Processed meats are loaded with chemicals and preservatives, and can be harmful if consumed in quantity.
you can have any cold cuts as long as they have been heated up to steaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover