Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can I do a degree in Sociology/Women Studies and minor in Musical Theatre? Does anyone know any coll

I actually did first year of a BA(hons) musical theatre and then quit to do a degree in sociology. I still love performing though and I really miss it, so I'm wondering if there's a way I can still do a minor in Musical Theatre. I shouldn't have quit, I really regret it now...



Can I do a degree in Sociology/Women Studies and minor in Musical Theatre? Does anyone know any colleges?theater



What sorts of majors and minors you can pursue will depend entirely on what's offered at your college and on their policies. I can see no reason why you can't do both; sociology as a major wouldn't prevent you from rehearsing 'til late at night :-)



Here's a thought--it looks to me like you're choosing majors. Do you have an idea about an eventual career? You might want to hunt down the career planning services on your campus and have them do a quick check of your career plans, maybe sociology-women's studies isn't the best preparation for what you really want to do in life.



In any event, there's no reason you can't continue to pursue musical theatre as a hobby for your entire life. Most communities have amateur theatre groups where you can escape from your day job into the worlds of La Mancha and Camelot and Saigon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover