Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am low in confidence but I want to be on TV or in the theatre?

I am very low in confidence and self-esteem. When I go out I feel that people are staring at me all the time and talking about me. I was bullied in secondary school so that's whats caused it I think. I have a dream of wanting to work on television and I would love to be in the theatre and I also love music and it would be a dream to sing in front of people. I have not told any of my family though because they would be so shocked because they know I am very low in confidence



I am low in confidence but I want to be on TV or in the theatre?playhouse



Adopt this mindest, people are too busy and preoccupied with their own lives to worry too much about yours.



PS I dont mean that in a nasty way.



I am low in confidence but I want to be on TV or in the theatre?plays opera theater



You don't need to be yourself when you act. Your becoming someone else living someone else's life. All you need to do is believe who you are acting, you need to understand your characters past and become them. If you think your past is what's holding you back on becoming a successful actress or singer maybe you should confront those people who bullied you or at least write how you were feeling during those years of bullying,so that way you can overcome your lack of self confidence.
Jimi's right...what do other people think of you? They don't!!



Many in the entertainment business are shy and introverted personalities...that's why they get into acting...so they can pretend to be someone else! If that's what it takes, go for it!
A lot of actors and performers have confidence issues. For some of them, that's the raison d'etre.



Is there a local amateur theatre or singing group that you can join? It'd give you really good idea of what you will be asked for, and will give you a good environment in which to develop your stage presence without having to worry about professional deadlines. Then, when you feel ready, look into joining Equity and go for it!



And by the way, one of the actors I've worked with (who is a household name but who I'm not going to mention) was the shyest person I've ever met. He has to turn work down, he's that busy, but keeps saying that he's surprised that he gets cast in anything, and it's purely a confidence issue.



I wish you all the best!
when you get nervous think of some celebrity that you think is the best in what u r bou tot do e.g. singing-u think madonna is best think u r her and u'll be ok. same with everything u do.



You soon be more confident- am like u- in drama class-secondary school- i never want to get up and act, am still not very confident but i hope the advice help. face up to yr fear and gather up as much confident asu have an dgo for it.



bibi xx
Hi Jodie,



I am attending secondary school right now and have taking up acting as one of my GCSE's. I have been bullied ever since I have started school in infant school. Not because I am weird but because I am Fat and Clever. Being called fat most of your life obviously has an impact on the way you feel aout your own body. But as soon as I started to act, people began to see a different side of me, and I liked it. If you truly want to act then having everyone's eyes on you is a good thing, surely you want people to notice you. And anyway they are not staring at you, they are staring at your charcter. I have not been into the School cantine for 4 yrs because i feel everyone is watching me, but if I act like a character i ahve seen on the tv, a strong character then i can do it. Keep telling yourself that you are a good actor and then you will be!



Hope this helps.



Good Luck
Point blank: You're not going to get to far in the theater profession if your confidence is low. First, you need to build up your esteem by thinking positive. Hang around encouraging people.
Well, you could take steps to improve your self-esteem. This is not impossible, it just takes work.



You could always work behind the scenes as a screenwriter, camera person, gaffer, make up artist, back up musician, etc. There are many roles for people in this industry.
what a lot of answers if you are that low in confidence, you need therapy to chance yourself. a hypnotherapist or psychologist may help. Gotta have the guts to get up and do it.
I was the same for a while but now I am getting a bit more confident. I just took the plunge and got singing lessons, joined drama classes and dancing classes.



Try talking yourself into a good mindset. Say to yourself "Why would they be talking about me? They're far too busy" and stuff like that. To build up your confidence maybe join an amatuer dramatics group or drama classes. Let the teacher know that you are really unconfident and maybe they will be nice.



Good luck, I hope you go far and get more confident.
For your dream to become a reality, you need to work on building up your confidence. This is not an easy task but is one that can be done.



I would firstly look at joining an amature dramatic society and act within that for a while. Slowly you will meet new people interrested in what you like and from this your confidence will gradually increase, no doubt about it.



From this, you can work your way up by taking up courses in university and that. I would aim at joining these small dramatic clubs though to help build up confidence and work more to improve your talent =]



Hope thats helped.



John.
awww! :) you need to come out of your self why dont you have conselling to start with? you have to start from the bottom and work your way up!



or join a club that would be better it doesnt have to be drama just something you can grow into your confidence.



Dont listen to jerks who commented at the top of the page I dont kno why he is on this site! heck I dont kno why he is here!



persemistic people will only make you feel ugly! forget the insults!



You will suceed.
take acting classes, i do. i'm a very shy person too.



but the other night on keeping up with the kardashians khloe took acting classes and she said something that is 100% true.



the people you're in class with aren't going to laugh at you, you are all there because you all share something in common and thats acting and they want to support/help you. theey dont take things as a joke to make fun of people.
Most actors have low self esteem that's why they become actors, so they can be someone else. I do amature dramatics and I never see me on the stage I am the character I am playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover