Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to be a sound technician in a theatre. Can you find any free online courses I can take to hel

I want to be a sound technician but can not fund going to college as at the minute I am unemployed and I have been trying for well over a year to try and get into this line of work. I want to do the sound in a theatre .



I want to be a sound technician in a theatre. Can you find any free online courses I can take to help me?opera score



Get involved with a community theatre and let them know you want to be a tech and especially a sound tech. As something you can start at home, build An SFX library on your computer and start editing and melding to create custom sounds. I was recently paid for an SFX mp3 library of the play "The Foreigner."



I want to be a sound technician in a theatre. Can you find any free online courses I can take to help me?musicals opera theater



Sorry mate only two ways in - paid for training or un-paid work in local theatre.



However the good news is that if you are any good sound techies are quiet saught after. Once you get to know directors/Stage Managers they will pass your name on and you will work your way up through profit-sharing shows (they make money, you get paid) and eventually paid work. But its all about time, especially if you can't go to college.
I know you said you can't fund college, but what about a loan?



Because North Carolina School of the Arts has a major of Sound Design in Theatre. It's probably the best, so that would be your best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover