Saturday, December 5, 2009

I can act, and i can dance, but not the best singer. Could I still pursue Musical Theatre for a care

I am entering highschool and have been putting a lot of thought into what i want to do after i graduate. I really would like to go into muscisal theatre, but i am missing one thing. I love to act, and i know i am great at it, about 10 plays in the last 3 years. That includes the schools drama, forensics, and D.I. events. I also can dance, and i like to dance, i took a swing class last year and plan on taking a few more different ones this year, i also was in gymnastics for almost 5 years, so i guess thats why i have any flexibility. But the problem is, I can't sing that well. Its not completely unbearable, but i dont think its theatre quality. I can work on my own and do research on how to make it better, but there are no classes i can take (even if there was i wouldnt have the money) and choir at school doesnt interest me in the slightest. Would it still be possible to get a career in musical theatre as only a double threat? thankyou for any answers, they are very appreciated! :)



I can act, and i can dance, but not the best singer. Could I still pursue Musical Theatre for a career?concert venue



You can most certainly still have a career in theater but perhaps not musical theater. If you are serious about going into musical theater than I would strongly suggest that you look into voice lessons. A good vocal coach will be able to tell you if you have the chops for the theater. Best of luck to you!



I can act, and i can dance, but not the best singer. Could I still pursue Musical Theatre for a career?events opera theater



You are going to have to work on that voice. Even though you don't want to, join the choir. It will improve your voice tenfold. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do make our dreams come true. If you are serious, you can suffer through it.
Even if you cant sing now, you can be trained by the end of school probably.
I know how you feel worrying about that. I went thru those worries. i would like to get into the business myself, but when i went thru those worries, i wasn't a great singer.. i was tonedeaf. ... but i joined choir, and my teacher made me from tonedeaf to singing the scales with ease. it was a miracle. now i can act, dance and sing. In my opinion, it really helps to grit your teeth thru something that you hate, just so you can accomplish your dreams. that's what i did. join choir. it does help a ten-fold.
yes, you can still be an actor, but maybe you should stay away from musicals...but if u wanna be in musical theater you should join choir
I think you would have a hard time getting a good job in musical theater without a natural singing talent. There are other careers with acting and dancing you could pursue like theater or more of a dance related career. Remember that if you like these activities you could always pursue them as a hobby and also have a professional job.
Not everybody in musical theater can sing...



Try out and see what happens from there.



Don't short-change yourself....Good luck.



bettyk
For musical theater, you will have to at least have a reasonable singing voice. If you are just entering high school, your voice is definitely still developing. With training, your ok voice could become great. If you can't afford private lessons, take as much choir in school that you can (it's free). And as part of that course, be sure to participate in the annual solo competitions. This is where you will get the most vocal training from your choir director.
yes, but you will have to get a coach who is on the same wave length as you-reaching the goals you are in need of. If you're in Los Angeles, send me a PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover