Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do I get a job at a professional theatre (after college)?

I am majoring in theatre arts studies, with emphisies in acting and stage managing. I like stage managing, and I think it would be easier to find a job as a stage manager, but my deepest passion is acting and don't want to get stuck in a position that will block all acting opportunities.



How do I get a job at a professional theatre (after college)?ms stress



Your college should provide your with information about this, but many theatre offer fellowship programs for beginning actors and as a way to become an EMC.



Check out the various Shakespeare festivals around the country ( I know many people who started out at these and became Equity that way), also make rounds of the big conference auditions, like SETC and UPTA. This website has a list of a lot of these combined auditions - http://www.redbirdstudio.com/AWOL/combau...



How do I get a job at a professional theatre (after college)?home theater system opera theater



Apply, just like everyone else. As for the acting, do we really need anymore of you around??



Arent there enough actors working as waiters, newspaper delivery, stage managing, already.



OK, mostly, I was kidding. but not entirely. You either work a night job that allows you to eat and go to casting calls durig the day, or you get a real job, and hope to get found. Seems like stage manager would put you in "the world", at least to a degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover