Saturday, December 5, 2009

If I were to buy a Philips HTS 6500 Home Theatre, can I play normal HDTV through the systems speaker

I am thinking of buying the Philips HTS 6500 home theatre as I do not want to worry about cables. I like that it is sleek and compact with HDMI upgrade, but I am concerned that I can not use it to play normal HDTV programming through the speakers. Does anyone know if you can connect the system to an HDTV and still play normal HDTV through the speakers?



Thanks



If I were to buy a Philips HTS 6500 Home Theatre, can I play normal HDTV through the systems speakers?amc theatre



According to the units specs, you can connect up to 2 other devices to it for sound. It should have a digital coax input for digital audio, and it also has a a set of stereo inputs. The fact that is is only a 2.1 system you may not see much of a difference in hooking up the digital coax vs the stereo, but you can definitely use it as the speakers for your TV as well as for movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover