Thursday, December 10, 2009

I need some advice about a 6.1 Home Theatre System?

I recently won a 6.1 Home Theatre System that came with a 5.1 AV Receiver. I have been told that it will still work, just don't use the extra speaker. As the prize was advertised as a Top of the Range 6.1 HTS I don't feel I have received what was advertised. I am on selling it as it is not suitable for my needs and in fact, I did think I was winning a TV and DVD player. So, to date, no luck in selling as it is not the complete package, if you know what I mean. I am not technically brilliant tho I am quickly learning. The place that supplied me the prize just offered me a deal of buying another receiver at a reduced price leaving me with 2 of them and I will omit my comment back to them. I am starting to feel a tad ungrateful seeing as it was a prize tho it is done all the time. Would any of you technically brilliant people out there give me some advice please. Thanks, Suzanne.,



I need some advice about a 6.1 Home Theatre System?getting late



While the prize doesn't meet your expectations it is still a useful item and has value.



BTW, 5.1 is a perfectly functional system seeing as how there is relatively little 6.1 audio material. In reality it is reasonable to just not use one of the speakers. I suggest that once you have a TV and DVD player you might value the HT system higher since the "6.1 sound system" complements the DVD/TV well -- giving you a full "home theater system".



But if you really don't want the sound system several options come to mind.



The first, and probably the better option is to simply accept the prize. You can sell it even though the speakers are 6.1 and the receiver is 5.1 ... just sell separately (or sell as a 5.1 system with a bonus speaker).



As a variation, have you inquired about getting credit for the receiver and speakers toward a TV and DVD player? If new/unused this should be possible. You can't expect full value maybe, but maybe enough to make purchase of the TV a relatively inexpensive transaction.



Or consider legal action. If you have in writing that the prize was a "top of the line 6.1 HTS" you could consult a lawyer re whether the company falsely advertized the prize. However, note that there is alway room to interpret, and depending on wording a lawyer may advise you have little chance of success. For example, while the receiver is not 6.1 the speakers are, so it could be argued this is a 6.1 system since you have 6 speakers and a subwoofer.



I don't know what country you are in so details differ, but given the relatively low total value you may need to pursue this in small claims court (From experience I would caution that this can be a frustrating and potentially useless exercise). However, there may be allowance in your legal system (There is in my jurisdiction) for a brief free consultation with a lawyer to at least get an opinion on the merits of your case.



Hope there is something useful to you here. Try to take a positive view on this. At worst you are a winner, even if the prize is other than what you expected.



I need some advice about a 6.1 Home Theatre System?regal theater opera theater



They gave you a set of 7 (L, R, C, SR, SL, CR, Sub) speakers and a receiver that only supports 6 (L, C, R, Sr, Sl, and sub)?



Hook it up and enjoy it, what is your problem?



Put it on Ebay for a penny, both parts, it will sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover