Thursday, December 10, 2009

Help me decide my Audition Piece for Broadway Musical Theatre!!!?

Hi!



Two weeks from now, I'll be heading up to NYC for another stint of auditions for Broadway Musical Theatre.



I have A LOT on my plate right now, and would like some suggestions on pieces to perform for 16-bars.



I have a wide range, but am most comfortable as a mezzo soprano (having performed as Eponine, Fontine, Marguerite St. Just, Elphiba, Lucy, Maria Von Trapp and others).



I refuse to do anything from Les Mis (although I LOVE it), Wicked, or Phantom.



I was thinking the following:



"A New Life"- Jekyll and Hyde



"Hold On"- The Secret Garden"



"I'll Forget You"- The Scarlet Pimpernel



if you have other suggestions, please note them. You also might get a better idea of how I sound from a clip at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmShBKTp4...



or



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzIEqmoCb...



Thanks so much for all the help!!



Help me decide my Audition Piece for Broadway Musical Theatre!!!?sheet music



Your three choices are good, I think. How about 'Out Here On My Own' from Fame (I think? pretty sure...) or something from Miss Saigon (I still believe or I'd give my life for you)



Good luck! That sounds very exciting

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover